BBQ Marinated Lamb Leg Recipe
Main Course Recipes | 25th April 2018
The Dish: BBQ Marinated Lamb Leg, Cauliflower Couscous, Mustard and Garlic Yoghurt Sauce.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Leg of Lamb (2 to 2.5kg), deboned and butterflied
- 200ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100ml of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Cloves of Finely Chopped Garlic
- 5gr of Coriander Seeds
- 5gr of Cumin Seeds
- 2gr of Dried Oregano
- 2gr of Chilli Flakes
- 5gr of Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Cauliflower
- 2 Tomatoes, Seeded and Chopped
- 20gr of Freshly Chopped Coriander
- 20gr of Freshly Chopped Mint
- 20gr of Freshly Chopped Parsley
- 2gr of Cumin Seeds
- 2gr of Coriander Seeds
Yoghurt & Mustard Sauce:
- 200ml of Natural Plain Yoghurt
- 20gr of Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cloves of Finely Chopped Garlic
- Pinch of Chopped Fresh Thyme
Creating The Dish:
In a pot, slowly roast the coriander and cumin seeds.
Add in the garlic, chilli flakes, oregano, cracked black pepper and olive oil. Leave to infuse for a few minutes.
Add in the salt and whisk in the lemon juice.
Prep the lamb leg: Remove excess fat and make a few incisions on the skin/fat side of the lamb leg.
Place in large vacuum bag.
Poor the marinade over the lamb, vacuum and leave to marinate for 8 hours minimum.
Remove the lamb from marinade.
Cook over medium hot charcoal for 25 minutes for medium rare / 35 minutes for medium well, turning it a few times during cooking.
Chop cauliflower into rough florets and place in a blender with the coriander, cumin seeds and a large pinch of salt.
Blitz until finely chopped.
In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the diced tomatoes, herbs, and season with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow flavours to develop.
Mix all of the ingredients, listed above, in a bowl.
Our Alcohol Specialist recommends the Navarro Correas “Los Arboles” Malbec 6 x 75cl to go with this dish.