Garlic & Smoked Paprika Mixed Beans Cassoulet with Avocado & Grilled Sourdough
Breakfast Recipes | 27th September 2019
Breakfast beans with a twist! Musgrave MarketPlace Business Development Chef Joseph Roche shares this simple and delicious recipe to elevate your breakfast or brunch offering.
What You’ll Need (Serves 4)
- 1 medium onion, very finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 20ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 400g of Mutti Tomato Polpa
- 600g of cooked mixed beans (i.e. cannelloni, butter, black and red kidney beans, chickpeas)
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 avocado
- 4 slices of good sourdough bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
Creating the Dish
In a large pot, sweat the finely diced onions in olive oil on medium heat until soft and see-through.
Add in the garlic and cook for a further minute.
Stir in the beans, tomato pulp, smoked paprika and fresh thyme.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Stone, peel, and thinly slice the avocado.
Serve the beans on a slice of grilled sourdough bread and top with the sliced avocado.
Fancy some more breakfast and brunch inspiration? Click here for more recipes.