Apricot & Pine Nut Crust Turkey Recipe
Main Course Recipes | 1st December 2017
Created by our Development Chef, Clement Pavie, this Apricot & Pine Nut Crust Turkey Recipe is sure to go down a treat this Christmas!
- 1 Fresh Whole Irish Turkey
- 1 tsp Fairway Dijon Mustard
- 100g Musgrave Excellence Apricots
- 100g Gem Pack Pine Nuts
- 200g Whole Peeled Chestnuts
- 100g My Sol Deli Smoked Pancetta
- 1 Seasonal Fare Extra Large Onions
- 20g Musgrave Excellence Honey Bucket
- 2 Sprigs Seasonal Fare Thyme
- 1 Clove Seasonal Fare Garlic Peeled
METHOD FOR TURKEY
- Roast the turkey until almost cooked.
- Roughly chop the apricot and pine nuts together.
- Combine the apricot and pine nuts with 1tsp mustard and 1 tbsp honey in a small bowl.
- Cover the breast with the glaze and cook for an extra 15 minutes.
METHOD FOR HONEY AND PANCETTA GLAZED CHESTNUTS (Side Dish)
- Finely dice the onions and chop the pancetta into pieces.
- Pan fry the pancetta and onions in a large sauce pan.
- Add in chestnuts, crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add in 1 tbsp of honey and caramelise lightly.
- Add in the chicken stock, and simmer gently until fully glazed.
Contains: Sulphur dioxide and sulphites, wheat (gluten).
Serves 16 with 628 Kcal per serving (calculated using the FSAI Menu Cal Tool)