Braised Jacob’s Ladder Beef Recipe
Main Course Recipes | 18th January 2019
What You’ll Need (Serves x)
- Simply Meat Jacobs Ladder (Av Weight 1.74kg)
- 1 Seasonal Fare Leek
- 1 Seasonal Fare Onion
- 2 Seasonal Fare Large Carrots
- 1 Seasonal Fare Celery Stick
- 100g of Musgrave Excellence Streaky Rashers
- 500mls of Musgrave Excellence Red Cooking Wine
- 500mls Chef Bouillion Beef Natural Stock
- 1 Tablespoon of Musgrave Excellence Tomato Paste
- Musgrave Excellence Bay Leaves (1 Leaf)
- 2 Seasonal Fare Garlic Cloves
- 40mls of Musgrave Excellence Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Creating The Dish:
Peel and dice the onion, carrots, celery and leek into a mirepoix.
Brown the Jacobs Ladder in an ovenproof cast iron dish with a little oil.
Remove from the dish and gently sweat the vegetable mirepoix and the lardons with a little more oil.
Deglaze with the red wine.
Add in the tomato paste, beef stock, thyme garlic and bay leaves.
Immerse the Jacobs Ladder back in the dish and bring to simmer.
Cook in a 150°C preheated oven for 2.5 to 3 hours.
To check if it’s fully cooked, push a skewer into the middle of Jacob ladder, it should give very easily while feeling firm but not rubbery.
Once cooked, leave to cool down in the cooking liquid.
For the sauce
Remove the meat, thyme sprig and bay leaf, and blitz the vegetable in the sauce using a hand blender, then pass through a sieve (thickens the sauce naturally without adding any thickener).
Interested in turning this recipe into something more? Check out our Panko Breaded Braised Short Rib Recipe.