Panko Breaded Braised Short Rib Recipe
Main Course Recipes | 18th January 2019
What You’ll Need (Serves 4)
- 4 Braised Beef Short Rib on the Bone (click here for Short Rib recipe)
- 4 Freshly Poached Eggs
For the Breading
- 400gr of Panko Bread Crumb
- 2 Eggs
- 200gr of Flour
For the Gribiche Sauce
- 1 Hard-Boiled Egg (Separate Egg Yolk And Egg White Once Cooked)
- 150ml of Collar of Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 20ml of White Vinegar
- 10gr of Capers Finely Chopped
- 10gr of Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 10gr of Finely Chopped Fresh Tarragon
- 10gr of Finely Chopped Fresh Chervil
Creating The Dish:
Breading the Rib
Cover each bone extremity of the rib with cling film, to keep them clean during the process.
Dust the rib in the flour.
Place in the egg wash, ensuring all parts are well covered.
Roll in the bread crumb.
Repeat the process with egg wash and bread crumb once.
In a large bowl push the cooked egg yolk through a sieve.
Gradually add the oil, like you would mayonnaise.
Once thick, add in the vinegar, capers and herbs.
Add the egg white cut into fine julienne.
Check the seasoning.